The Easiest Way to Make an Impact
Wills and Living Trusts
A Gift in Your Will or Living Trust:
Interested in helping the Diocese of Colorado Springs or one of her parishes with our mission but feel overwhelmed by the thought of writing another check or giving up your assets today? A simple, flexible and versatile way to ensure we can continue our work for years to come is a gift in your will or living trust, known as a charitable bequest.
By including a bequest in your will or living trust, you are ensuring that we can continue our mission for years to come.
The Diocese of Colorado Springs has partnered with FreeWill to give all our supporters the opportunity to do so. Our FREE online tool will also give you the option to leave a gift to the Diocese, a parish, Catholic School or ministries.
You can access this planning tool at www.freewill.com/diocs.
As always, we recommend consulting with an estate planning attorney to make sure your wishes are properly formalized.
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Or maybe you want to leave a gift that does not require you to meet with a lawyer. Many people prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides.
Here's how to name the Diocese of Colorado Springs as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
Fund this type of donation with:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commerical annuities
- Bank accounts, certificates of deposit or brokerage accounts